Thursday, June 7, 2012

Uni-Ball Insight .7mm

I was out doing some grocery shopping at my local food store, and decided I would take a stroll down the pen/office supply/magazine aisle. I wasn't expecting much simply because it was a grocery store, but I surprisingly stumbled across something that I have never seen before. The Uni-Ball Insight, a "new" roller ball pen featuring a .7mm tip. I threw it in the cart.


The Insight is a pretty standard looking pen. Constructed completely out of plastic, mostly black with some shiny metallic silver bits. It has a neat little see through gauge on the side so one can monitor the ink level of their uni-ball. The one thing that through me off about the design was a notch that is created when the pen cap is put over the point. It looks as if the pen cap is not all the way on, but it is. I don't know why they did this, I believe it makes it look cheap and a little silly.


The pen writes fairly well. I am not a big fan of any roller ball pen with a .7mm tip simply because the ink gushes out forcing the writer to speed the pen across the page. This lessens the neatness of the handwriting which I certainly am not a fan of. The ink is nice, a very crisp black. For some reason my hand became fatigued after a very short amount of time using the pen. I think this is due to the pen's lightness. You can barely feel it in your hand. It would be much better with some added weight
.

Overall this pen is just Okay. If you are looking for a cheap roller ball pen from Uni-Ball do yourself a favor and get a Vision or Vision elite.

5 out of 10 mummies


-Cody


No comments:

Post a Comment